Today that I’m an old fish already when it comes to recycled clothes, I thought I’ll share my experience on why should wear other people’s old clothes and the hacks, which I have discovered by doing this.
- Good for the environment
- Full of emotions – interesting/mysterious
- Great for style – can easily (without excessive damages) take the risk and try something new (actually someone’s well-forgotten old.. 😃)
- Can take the risk and try not your size clothes, because first, you can’t choose the size, when it’s second-hand shopping and second, some clothes may fit surprisingly good as over-sized (my size is XS, but I’ve recently bought M-size blouses and knits, even a coat)
- This style will not go out of fashion, because this train is already gone or never will 😃
- Old garments are made carefully and with love, at that time, the term “fast-fashion” was not known.
- You can be unique, no worries, no one else will walk up to you with the same item of clothing or bag.
- Shopping in second hand and vintage shops is fun, because you meet there people, who are open minded and happy.
So, heads up 😎 and to second round shopping 😛
Up here I’m wearing everything vintage – Lanamoden wool cardigan, Avantgarde wool shorts, handbag (brand not known, but vintage) and Dr. Franklin sunglasses. Except Zara suede leather boots are not vintage.
Below everything is same, except Giesswein Austria vintage wool jacket with hairy hunting dog (probably German Wirehaired Pointer).
Below Tulchan vintage wool sweater.